May 15, 2008

Moab

My parents came to visit last week and we wanted to leave Boulder over the weekend to avoid the CU graduation craziness. On previous visits, my parents have seen a majority of the cool places in Colorado, so we decided to head out of state to Utah this trip. We left for Moab Friday morning and returned late Sunday night.


Near Fisher Towers on the drive out.

Josh and I brought mountain bikes because it seemed like a shame to travel to Moab without them. Saturday morning we rode one of my favorite rides from the last visit to Moab, Klondike Bluffs. This ride combines slick rock, relatively gradual up-hills, and views at the top to get my seal of approval.


Supposed dino track on Klondike Bluffs ride.

After we returned from our ride, we headed to Arches with my parents. It was a crowded weekend, but the weather was nice and for the most part we got pictures of the arches without strangers in them.


Delicate Arch (with non-strangers)


The family at Arches


Josh airborne with Double Arch in the background.

On Sunday morning, Josh got to pick the bike ride. He chose the famous Slick Rock bike trail, which was more technical and to his liking. I was pretty sure I would break an arm, but finished with all bones intact.



Josh styling an uphill.


Ashley trying not to break any bones.

We then headed up to Dead Horse Point State Park and Canyonlands National Park.


The Colorado River from Dead Horse Point


The Green River from Canyonlands



I think by the end we were all pretty tired of seeing arches and canyons. Overall the trip was great and we packed a lot into three days. It was good to have my parents in town and I am glad we got to travel somewhere they hadn't been before.

No comments: