January 02, 2007

Holiday Break

Christmas break was particularly crazy this year (special thanks to the incompetence of DIA and Frontier Airlines). After spending the entire day of the 22nd at the airport and being told that the line I had been waiting in for 5.5 hours was 'canceled', we had to come up with an alternative plan. Ashley and I started driving at 8:30 that night for her parents home in Corvallis. We arrived there 27 hours later. This Dec. 23 arrival date was much better than the Dec. 27 date offered by Frontier, even though other airlines had available seats for flights on the 24th and 25th. Oh well, I'm always game for a road trip.

It was great spending time with our families and friends while we were back, and totally worth the drive. We didn't get to go skiing due to the time difference between driving and flying. One of the highlights had to have been playing the role of Crazy Uncle Josh with my 9-month-old niece. She's super adorable and always seems to be smiling and laughing.



A blog-relevant gift worthy of mention is the helmet cam that my mom gave me. My goal is to figure it out and get some ski shots up in the next couple weeks.

We made the drive back in just under 24 hours, arriving in Boulder at 10:00 this morning.

No comments: