April 10, 2012

April Blower Pow in the Washington Cascades

I'll be the first to admit that it's pathetic how long it's been since I've updated this blog.  It's no coincidence that the last time I posted was the day before I started my job. . . turns out my job, although satisfying, is not particularly blog worthy.  I've been skiing, typically with Ava, most every weekend this winter.  Unlike most of the country, Washington has not been snow deprived, particularly in the north.  Mt. Baker was claiming a base measurement of 315 inches (over 26 feet), which is positively stupid.

Thanks to Evan (and Earl, the God of weather) we actually got some decent pictures of our exploits last Saturday.  Although mostly sunny and fairly warm, the powder on the north facing slopes was surprisingly well preserved.  Kris, Evan, Ava and I took full advantage of this and had a glorious day up on Lichtenberg Mountain.







No comments: