Today was toilet day. I started by removing our old toilet, which always flushed twice and used a shit ton of water (pun intended) each time. Once removed, I was able to rip out the old flooring and install cement backer board within the toilet alcove. With the toilet removed, I decided to be artistic and attempt to duplicate a decorative wall I saw on Pinterest. The previous day I tore apart and sanded some pallets I acquired for free on Craigslist, so today they were ready for staining, trimming, and attaching to the wall. Since we already had the stain and I resused the nails pulled from the pallets, all this little project cost me was time and two bloody knuckles obtained while pallet wrestling.
When the wall was completed, I installed a new, high efficiency toilet. This install in temporary until we pick some bathroom tile, but this way we only had to be without a toilet for about 3.5 hours.