November 06, 2005

New Knee - Operational

Ashley and I went hiking in the Indian Peaks Wilderness today(Brainard Lake area for those who are familiar). I brought my skis, but figured there wouldn't be enough snow to ever put them on. After ramming a couple snow drifts on the road on the way to the parking area, I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of snow covering the ground. Ashley snowshoed and I skinned up a few miles before turning around. The mountains were beautiful (see pictures), the snow was thin, and the wind was howling. Being from the Pacific Northwest, these three things are how I describe Colorado skiing throughout the year, and today was no exception. I attached a video of my first couple of turns since my knee surgery last March. It's nothing to brag about, but I was skiing again! First Turns on the New Knee And yes, mom, I got my new knee brace earlier this week and was sporting it for the first time during this outing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

why did you edit out the cras? It looked like it was going to be a good one!

Keith Pearen said...

I also wanted to see the crash. Those kind of looked like tele turns. I can't talk. They are better than any tele turns I will be making this season.