November 27, 2007

Old News

Since I forced my way onto this blog, I guess it is about time that I post something. So my first post is a bit tardy, but I will try to be more timely in the future.

What I have been doing while Josh is away:

Halloween. I celebrate Halloween by attending a party that included riding cruiser bikes over teeter-totters and drinking copious amounts of beer. Because I am a rational person, I was only a spectator for the bicycle shenanigans, but I did participate in my share of the beer drinking.


Spiderman (aka Andy) showing off his bike skills

I decided to dress as Smurfette this year and had great plans for my costume. But, as always, these great ideas didn't amount to much and I threw my costume together the night before. I think the high point was the smurf hat I made from felt.


Smurfette feeling very cold


Cartoon characters Smurfette and Marge Simpson (aka Brooke)

New bike. I have been talking for years about buying a new road bike. Well, I finally did it. I am now the proud owner of a fancy pants carbon fiber, full ultegra, Specialized bike that is too good for me. Josh is afraid that this lighter bike will allow me to ride faster than him. At least this is what I am hoping for.


The most expensive thing I own

No comments: